Streets University is a division of IBSA with the sole purpose of providing a multi-faceted approach to addressing the economic depravity faced by Black youth and other young low-income adults, in a way that provides them the tools and resources needed to become re-engaged in their community. Programs, projects, services and activities are structured to provide students the chance to start learning and applying soft-skills they lack; all of which are needed in this transition to becoming productive citizens in society. Using what opportunities and resources that already exist, Streets University works to engage youth, young adults, their neighbors and the business community in enterprising activities, while also fostering an interest in the use of today's modern computing technology.
A component of Streets University is Access Point, an instructional primer course on the applied use of modern cloud-based technology. Young people who complete this segment of instruction and assignments can choose to signup for additional instruction on salesmanship, target marketing, the use of internet-connectivity to generate an income, practical website design platforms and other digital services such as video production, editing and social media marketing. Core instruction and activities cover the following of competencies:
1) Using Chromebooks and Cloud-Based Computing
2) Video Production, Editing & Social Media Marketing
3) Use of the Keepod and other USB Operating Systems - Mobile Computing
4) Intro to Building Websites with WordPress
5) Advanced WordPress
6) How to Create Business Profiles in Online Directories (SEO, Embedding Video, Maps & Pictures, Use of Text-Editors)
7) Search Engine Optimization Strategies (SEO)
8) The Dynamics & Benefit to Wireless Internet Neighborhoods
9) Intro to Mapping Out Wireless Internet Connectivity Hubs
(a) Installation, Replace, Repair of wireless network components
(b) Introduction to the software and online management & analysis tools available to monitor wireless networks
10) Setting up a neighborhood Wi-Fi Network or Other Neighborhood Community Tech-Hubs
* Tests / Quizzes*
*Tests / Quizzes are used to assure student are reaching a standard level of core competencies in each particular area of instruction and learning.
Chromebooks or Laptop (provided by program)
Keepod & Chrome OS on USB, Etc...
Desktop, Monitor, Keyboard, Mouse
Wireless USB Adapters
USB Keyboards & Mouse
Familiarity with using tablet or smartphone video applications highly preferred.
Special Student Program Attire
Boys - polo shirt, slacks, jacket, shoes
Local Small Business
Local Govt IT Department
Local Coworking & Makerspace
Local Chamber or Networking Events
Local City Council Meeting
Small Business Owners
Independent Sales Reps: Insurance, Auto, etc..
Bookkeeper / Accountant: 1099 & Standard Deductions
High Ranking Public Officials: Services Govt Buys